Sponsored links


Valid XHTML 1.0!
Valid CSS!



Product: Book - Paperback
Title: ASP.NET Unleashed, Second Edition
Publisher: Sams
Authors: Stephen Walther
Rating: 5/5
Customer opinion - 5 stars out of 5
Finally a Book a Web Developer Can Love.


Like many Web Developers out there I find many of the books out there to be either poorly written or missing examples. Steven Walther made sure this is not "one of those books".
Over the last week and half I have enjoyed the readability and concise and informative examples that this book offers. This book brings you up to speed on .NET with examples you can use as basis in your business right away. This book is a must have for the Developer looking to implement on .NET this year. The only disappointment I had with the book was that it did not come with an accompanying CD.
I will be keeping this book close at hand as we move our products and our terabyte of health care data to the .NET platform this year.
Thanks to Mr. Steven Walther for making my job easier this year.



Product: Book - Hardcover
Title: MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Developing Windows-Based Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# .NET
Publisher: Microsoft Press
Authors: Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft Corporation
Rating: 4/5
Customer opinion - 4 stars out of 5
Great Resource for Experienced Developers


This book provides experienced developers with a broad survey of Windows application development with VB.Net and C#. It provides enough information to get you started developing .Net applications. It is on-par with previous MS offerings and provides about 50%-60% of the material necessary to pass the certification exam. You will still have to dig deeper into other sources to pick up the remaining 40% to 50%. The new practice exam uses the same user interface as the real thing and the questions are tougher than previous exam prep materials from MS. I would recommend this book to experienced Visual Studio 6 developers. Not geared toward beginning developers.



Product: Book - Paperback
Title: Sams Teach Yourself Java 2 in 21 Days (4th Edition) (Sams Teach Yourself)
Publisher: Sams
Authors: Rogers Cadenhead, Laura Lemay
Rating: 1/5
Customer opinion - 1 stars out of 5
A total rip-off.


As for as Beginner point of view,It is the Excellent Book



Product: Book - Paperback
Title: Developer's Workshop to COM and ATL 3.0
Publisher: Wordware Publishing, Inc.
Authors: Andrew Troelsen
Rating: 4/5
Customer opinion - 4 stars out of 5
Very good book, but .....


I think the book is very good. However, don't buy it if you want to learn how to create multiple threads in a COM server. The threading example is limited to a win32 application and the discussion about threads in COM is limited to threading models.