Sponsored links


Valid XHTML 1.0!
Valid CSS!



Product: Book - Hardcover
Title: OCA/OCP: Oracle9i DBA Fundamentals I Study Guide
Publisher: Sybex Inc
Authors: Biju Thomas, Bob Bryla
Rating: 4/5
Customer opinion - 4 stars out of 5
Very good test preperation


To pass those Oracle Exams is hard for a newbie anyways because the hand on experience is missing. I am one of these candidates but I have to say that this book is very helpful to get ready for the test. 95% of the topics needed for the exam are completely in this book and explained in a good understandable way. For the other 5% I have used the original Oracle training documents. After you have passed the exam this book is an awesome reference because topics are divided in a very usefully way and all topics have examples of the SQL commands and dictionary views.



Product: Book - Paperback
Title: The Big Red Fez: How To Make Any Web Site Better
Publisher: Free Press
Authors: Seth Godin
Rating: 4/5
Customer opinion - 4 stars out of 5
The Banana


Seth Godin does it once again. In his latest e-book : The big Red Fez - How to make any web site better, Seth once again proves why he is one of the best writers around.
The book has been written in the interesting and candid tone that everyone has come to expect of Seth. In the book, Seth takes a look at over 40 web sites and examines what they are doing right and what could cause their demise.
The book comes at a time when the dot.com boom has gone bust and the only companies that will survive will be the ones who understand the consumer right.
The book is a must read for those who want to improve their web sites and have customers coming back for more.
The 98 pages are an easy read and you cannot put the book down till you have reached the last page.
I am sure like all his other books, this one will be a sell out too. What will Seth Godin think of next?



Product: Book - Paperback
Title: Apple Confidential 2.0: The Definitive History of the World's Most Colorful Company
Publisher: No Starch Press
Authors: Owen Linzmayer, Owen W. Linzmayer
Rating: 2/5
Customer opinion - 2 stars out of 5
Deja Vu


I've read about this book in a number of other sourses, and this site is the first to acknowledge the fact that this is merely the Mac Bathroom Reader, 2nd.ed. If you have that book, save your money. This book merely adds a few pages here and there on NeXT, post-Sculley CEO's, and an endless section on the Newton. Also, like Infinite Loop, the other new book about Apple, Apple's recent resurgence and the impact of the iMac are given short shrift.



Product: Book - Paperback
Title: More Effective C++: 35 New Ways to Improve Your Programs and Designs
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
Authors: Scott Meyers
Rating: 1/5
Customer opinion - 1 stars out of 5
A crass attempt to sell a book that people don't really need


This book differs from '50 ways' in two primary ways: First, it is much more up-to-date with respect to the C++ standard. Second, its topics tend to be of a more "strategic" than "tactical" nature and are discussed in greater depth.
Where it is similar is in the way that Meyers makes liberal use of example code to explain not just the "doctrine" but the nature of the problems which need to be overcome and the various less suitable alternative approaches.
As a c++ neophyte (but 20 year programmer), when I first read this book after having read its predecessor, I felt that it wasn't as useful or as immediately applicable. However, having acquired some months of experience putting to use the excellent advice of the first book, I find myself re-reading this book for more detailed discussions of the language and its use.
I would very much like to see a third volume from Meyers dealing solely with the new C++ Standard Template Library.